Thursday, October 18, 2012

Do you know what the best medicine is?

This was the question my five-year-old asked me a couple of nights ago.  She came bounding into the room and stood in front of me and asked me, "Do you know what the best medicine is, Mommy?"  I said, "no, my dear, what is the best medicine?"  Then she gave me a hug and said, "Love, Mommy.  Love is the best medicine!"  Then she hugged me again and said, "I just love you so much, Mommy!"

That little conversation made my whole day.  It's amazing how kids can squeeze your heart strings like that and make you feel like a million bucks!

So, this blog post is dedicated to my wonderful, darling, five-year-old (going on twenty!)  You, my precious, little princess, are the twinkle in my eye, the butter on my toast, the sunshine on my shoulder, and the breath in my lungs.  You make my sad days happy and my hard days worth every moment!  I love you to the moon, past the sun, past the stars, and to infinity and beyond!

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet Kristen, brings to my eyes reading of her love for you and your love for her. She is so precious, I miss that little girl like no other :) Also, that was a cute junieBjones outfit she made, tell her- Great Job Amaia, From Aunt Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just re-read this after getting pulled away with a call at work, I am pretty sure I meant to say - brings TEARS to my eyes lol. love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Kristen, the wisdom of Amaia leaves me in amazement. My precious daughter, now you have fully embarked on the journey to irradicate cancer from your life, that healing medicine of "love" is the balm that will carry you through the hardest and most difficult days. The sweet unconditional love of your little ones is priceless. We hope you feel the love from your family and their desire to help lift the weight and burden you carry. Oh that we were close enough to render the help and support you need. You have so many wonderful friends that have stepped into be of service. We love you Kris, your constantly in our prayers and thoughts. God bless and keep you. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete